Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Composition 3

Describe a sports event or a concert conducted by your school


"Finally ! After waiting for such a long time , the sports day has arrived ! " Mr Lee announced through the microphone . Everyone in the stadium started to make a lot of noise right after Mr Lee finished the speech . Everyone in the school like sports day as all of us do not have to attend school . Every year's sports day , my friend , Tiffany and I would be very excited as both of us like running competition . Our school's sports day is an inter-class competition instead of the colour houses .


I took part in the 200m sprint event , 4 x 100m relay and 4 x 400 m relay event . Tiffany took part in the same event as me but she has an additional 100m sprint event . After waiting for quite a long time , Mr Lee finally said " All 100m sprint event participants , please report to the starting line . " I said all the best to her and she left . Few minutes later , " Bang ! ". All the participants started running . I saw Tiffany , she got the fourth position . Then Mr Lee called for 200m sprint event participants . When I was at the starting line , I was very nervous . Suddenly , "Bang ! " . I started running as fast as I could after I heard the sound . I used all the energy I had to run . I ran past the finishing line and found out that I got the first position . I was saturated with happiness and was holding Tiffany's hand and jumping around .


Suddenly , I felt droplets of water dripping onto me . I looked up into the sky and found out that it was raining . Everyone that was on the running track ran towards the shelter . After everybody was back into the shelter , Mr Lee started saying "Due to the weather , the sports day has to be cancelled . So , everyone please go home now . " Everybody was reluctant to leave but we have no choice . Everybody walk out of the stadium with their umbrella . The sports day ended , unexpectedly , in this way .

[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment