Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Composition 7

Smoking


" The movie starts at 8. It is already 7.55and you are still walking so slowly if you do not wish to watch the movie with me, you can leave." I told my boyfriend, Edward. Edward told me " I am sorry. I will not do it the next time. Please forgive me." I took out cigarette and started to smoke. Edward told me to stop smoking as it is not good for health but I continued smoking. I have been smoking for the last 5 years.


During the movie, I keep coughing. I drank lots of water but it was useless. After the movie has ended, Edward and I walked out of the movie theater. Suddenly, I felt very dizzy. Edward was talking to me but I could only hear mumbling sound. Then, I could hear nothing. When I opened my eyes, I realised I was lying on a bed. I saw my family and Edward standing beside me.


" Are you okay? Feeling better now?" My mother asked me. " What happened?" I asked. My mother told me I have been diagnosed with lung cancer due to large amount of smoking. After I heard the news, I was very shocked. I asked if it could be cured. They said it could be cured if I take my medicine on time and do the therapy but it requires a lot of time.


During that period of time, my parents spend a lot of time coming to the hospital to take care of me. But my disease did not seem to get better. The doctor said my disease have gone worse I only left with one year to live. After hearing this, I started to regret why I started smoking.


[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment