Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Composition 5

A Strange Encounter

I was walking on a dark and gloomy street , the atmosphere was so eerie that even the sound of dripping water was spooky . Out of a sudden , footsteps were heard from the back . My heart skipped a beat . Millions of questions were running through my mind . " What is that person behind me trying to do ? " I increased my pace so that I can get out of this street as fast as possible . The footsteps behind also catches up with me . I started to get anxious .

After a few minutes , I finally walked out of the street . But , footsteps still could be heard from the back . I did not have the courage to look back as I was too scared . Cold sweat started to trickle down my spine . Tears were also rolling in my eyes . I took out my phone but it had been turned off automatically because the battery went dead . I intended to get into a crowd so that I could get rid of the person behind me . However , there was barely anyone in sight . I decided to take a rest at a nearby bench . The person stopped after i sat down and stood far away from the bench .

I was very curious why the person did not approach me since he had been following me for a long time . Out of curiosity , I turned my head to look at the person . He was leaning against the wall , facing down and looking at the ground . Suddenly , he turned to face me and started to walk towards me . When I wanted to stand up and run , he said " Wait ! " I was startled and stop what i was trying to do . He continued " You dropped your wallet just now . Sorry to have followed you for such a long time . I did not have the courage to talk to you just now as I have always been a shy person . I apologise for my actions ." He left my wallet on the bench and ran away . He ran so fast even before I had the chance to thank him . This was my first time having such a strange encounter .

[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment