Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Composition 4

Write about your favourite dish and explain how you would prepare it


When I was young , every time I went to the restaurant , I would order Fish and Chips . It consists of battered fish fillet and fries . Fish and Chips is nice as the fish is boneless and crispy . Although there are other western food such as chicken chop , lamb chop , chicken cutlet , steak and many others but I still like Fish and Chips the most . From young until now , I have went to a lot of western restaurant but I like the Fish and Chips from Ang Mo Kio's Jacks' Place the most as the fish is extremely crispy and they have crinkle-cut fries. That's why I like the Fish and Chips there . But they will be close for some days in the week .


Once , I remembered , craving for the Fish and Chips from there but they were closed that day . I do not want the Fish and Chips from other places so I decided to cook it myself . I went online to search for the recipe and ingredients needed . I need 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying , One fresh fillet , one egg , beaten with dash of salt , half cup of dry bread crumps and a potato . In a large skillet , I heated the oil . Then , I dipped the fillet into beaten egg and dredge in bread crumps . I gently slide the fish into hot oil and fried until golden brown . Finally , I drained the fillet briefly on paper towels . For the fries , I peeled and cut the potato in even strips . Then , soaked in cold water for 1 hour . After that , I fried it in deep fat oil for 5 minutes . After 5 minutes , i increased the heat and fried until french fries are tender and nicely browned . Then , I sprinkled generously with salt and tossed the fries to mix salt evenly .


Finally , I have done cooking the Fish and Chips . I tasted it myself . I think that it was delicious . The fillet was crispy and the fries was tender and tasty . I kept some for my parents to taste when they come back home . When they tasted it , they said it was delicious and wanted me to cook it for dinner next time . I was saturated with happiness when they said that .


[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment